Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I am almost finished with my first work stretch for the week. I have work the last three nights, I'm off the next two, then I work the next two, I'm off for two, then I work the next three, then I think I'm off for a week! I've already been thinking about things to do during that time. I was thinking camping... too hot though, and I really want to get Jayden in swim lessons so I'm going to work on that tomorrow for that week. That way I'll be able to go with him. I'm thinking he's going to need the support person!

He's so cute. I miss him right now. Last night my Mom called me at work because Jayden needed me to pray for him before he could go to sleep. I told him to put his hand on his head like I put my hand on his head and then prayed. I wanted to cry! I wished so badly that I could be there with him instead of at work. He has bad dreams. We've taught him to pray before going to sleep, but once he still had a bad dream so I think he feels that I need to pray and no one else can. I don't look forward to the day that he has a bad dream after I've prayed for him. Then he'll probably find a new prayer person. It was already hard enough to explain why he had a bad dream after he prayed. How do you explain to a 4 year old that God doesn't always answer prayers or that bad things happen even when we pray. I just don't want him to get discouraged. I remember prayer being my "protector," well, besides my Daddy of course! I also remember hearing that satan can't stand the name of Jesus so when I was afraid or felt a bad presence I would say Jesus and sing and praise Him. That was nice. (I'm having trouble typing complete thoughts. Sorry!)

So... I also need to get someone out to look at the garage door. Need to call Home Depot about that tomorrow...

No comments: