Friday, July 13, 2007

Prepare for the randomness...

So my job today/this week is finding out about fixing the garage door. It was bent by the garage door opener a few months back and I've been meaning to getting around to getting it fixed. So far today I have called a garage door company, home depot, (the insurance company last night), and now I am waiting to talk to someone about the warranty on the door. "Thank you for your call. The first available representative with answer your call." The man seems so excited... So I priced new doors at Home Depot.com and it looks like it would been between $500-750 for a complete new door. I'm trying to find out if part of the door can be replaced or the entire thing, yada, yada, yada. My question is if they replace only part of the door, did Lennar paint the door or did it come that color? Would I then have to repaint part of the door and try to match paint? If that's the case it may be worth paying a little more for an entire new door. We'll see...


My stomach is upset today. The "it" has kind of come back, but seeing that it's been a week that I've been home I'm guessing it's something else this time. The Imodium I took last Sat just now wore off. Well, I think Tuesday I finally... well, you don't really want all the details now do you? Anyway, that's the reason I don't want to take more. Right now I'm ok. Maybe it was just a one time thing.

Ok... 14 min later... I have now spoken with the Clopay lady (the type of door we have) and found out I can get sections and Home Depot should be able to do an estimate for me. It is not a warranted "injury" and she is sending me information on maintenance and how to reinforce your door so that the force of the opener is spread out over the entire top panel to prevent what already happened to us. Man, that would have been good to know before! Oh well! Next step, estimate from Home Depot...

So, I'm hungry. I've done a lot today. I guess.... I got up filled Jayden's pool up so he could swim in the front, folded clothes, went through stacks of papers/mail, made Jayden lunch, researched the garage door problem, now what....

I didn't sleep too good last night. Maybe it's because I slept all day yesterday? I'm not looking forward to the next week. It's going to stink! I work too much! 5 out of 7 days! Sa-Sun-Mon-Thurs-Friday Stinks!

Tonight we are going to a friend's CD release party at Walter's on Washington. That'll be fun, I guess. Moderation...

No comments: