Friday, July 27, 2007

So I can't tell you how happy I am to be off of work for the next few days. On Wed/Thurs I had worked 8 out of the past 12 days. Yeah, that's way too much for me. The last night I had a really sick baby. I was ok throughout the night. I struggled to keep my head above the water. There were 6 babies in our pod. Originally, the assignment gave me the sick one and a chronic kid with lots of medications. The other nurse had 4 babies! And she was a level II nurse. I pretty much gave my other baby up as soon as I got report on the sick one. It was way too much. They eventually sent in another level II nurse to help. It was ok, except I had no one to ask questions to. I ended up maxing out on Dopamine, Dobutamine and starting an insulin drip. The baby's fluids were changed 3 times and they were sterile line changes. She was on the cooling blanket. I am curious how she did during the day and last night. I was really worried about her. So, the worst part came when giving report to the one nurse on days that no one wants to give report to. Let's just say before I was finished she told me to leave, because she wasn't getting anything out of this report anyway. That was after many rude remarks and her attacking me on several occasions. Yeah, it was bad. I was bawling! I did go talk to the manager though. I didn't deserve to be treated that way. Ok, enough.

So, Jayden's first swim lesson was supposed to be yesterday. His instructor called during the day to ask me how flexible we were on dates and times because she was going out of town next week! I said not flexible on the days, the times... whatever. So she changed the time to 3:30 yesterday. Then another girl called and said she was covering for our girl and that she needed to change the time. She asked if 6:45 was ok, and it was actually better for us. (I slept AWFUL yesterday after everything so the extra sleep was much needed) Well, we get there and she's not there yet. We wait... then she calls and is "so sorry" but she accidentally double booked. When could we make it up? Well, we're going to add a day to the end now... Yeah, a little frustrating. So, today is Jayden's first swim lesson. Thankfully he handled that all really well!

So lot's to do today, I need to get the Splashtown tickets first thing, pay the car payments, swim lessons, work on the messy house/laundry, and spend time with Jayden. The first three things are the most important (aside from the Jayden part) the rest are pretty flexible. I think the errands and Jayden are going to be coming first! Jesse will be working.

No comments: