Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Welcome Accident!

Ok, tonight I was at my parent's house looking through there CD collection. I picked out some CDs to take home and rip to my computer. I also picked up some CDs that were mine and had gotten into their mix. In there were the CDs that I had bought for our wedding (6 and a half years ago!) I decided to take these and rip them too. I have been looking for years for the Shania Twain CD with "From This Moment" on it. I LOVE that song and its a pretty good CD too. So I open one of the CD cases from our wedding and take this CD out and POP! underneath it was my Shania Twain CD! It had been hiding there all these years! Isn't it funny how the small unexpected things in life just give you such joy? The other joy I'm getting tonight is ripping these CDs that I listened to in elementary to high school! It's always a blast from the past. I love music!

On a completely different note, I joined facebook. Something that I've been avoiding for awhile now. I just didn't want to be a "follower" since everyone else was doing it. I guess I also didn't want to embarrass my brother since I seem to follow him in all him online adventures. It's how I got turned on to Xanga and MySpace, but I finally gave in. So... I found my cousin and one of my best friends from California! It's been so great to get to email and reintroduce ourselves! The internet is so cool in that way. You can keep up with people all over the world and find long lost friends. I just love it!

Tonight at the fire department we put on full gear and blacked out our masks to practice navigating in the dark/smoke. We crawled around with eachother then took off our packs and pushed them and then put them back on. Yeah, tons of fun. Maybe it would have been better if it wasn't 90+ degrees with 90%+ humidity. Gotta' love the Texas weather!

This morning we went to the ground breaking for Woodlands Fire Station number 6. It was pretty neat. Some journalists took pictures of us (since we had the only kid there and you know how people love pictures with kids in it) so we may be in the This Week section of the Houston Chronicle and the Monthly Woodlands magazine. Afterwards we came home and I took a long nap. I didn't go to bed until about 2 am last night and then couldn't get to sleep until about 3. So when Jesse got home from work and woke me up to go to the ground breaking, which started at 8:30, I was thrilled.

I also went ahead and canceled Jayden's last three swim lessons. I just got tired of going and dealing with the screaming and crying. Maybe next summer. He did learn some, but he was just too afraid (and stubborn!)

Ok, everyone else is asleep and I did not intend to be up this late again tonight. I get kinda' messed up with my work schedule sometimes. Blah!

No comments: